Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!

Sunday was my dad's birthday and I made him some of his favorite candy. I created the boxes for his sweet treats to go in. I created the printed paper by stamping the circle print in alternating colors of blue and gray. Then I came back and added color with a dot stamp in orange and red. I scored my kraft paper after decorated. Then I centered my oval cutter in the middle of the lid and made the window. I cut a larger oval out of transparency paper and adhered that to the inside, creating this window. The small box utilizes an entire sheet of 8.5 x 11 paper and the large box uses a whole 12x12 sheet. I wrapped them with twine and added a button (both from Papertrey ink). I hand wrote enjoy on the blue oval and used a glue dot to attach it to the box. My dad liked the boxes... because of what was inside them, of course ;)
I also made him a matching card. What do you think? Thanks for looking and have a wonderful Wednesday :)

Materials Used:
8.5x11 kraft cs, 12x12 kraft cs, Daisy buckets- bubble stamp, ki memories- baby time stamp (little dot), we r memory keepers mvp opaque ink pads #41150-5(they are a set of four), twine from Papertrey ink, vintage button- Papertrey ink, printworks clearly defined- Q002 great birthday

No comments:

Post a Comment